Site news

Virtual Learning Awards - Madeline wins!

2011 drawn avatar
Virtual Learning Awards - Madeline wins!
by Pete Graham - Saturday, 19 April 2014, 12:16 PM

Group photo

Pictured: Honorable Nikki Kaye Associate Minister of Education; Madeline Campbell Virtual Learning Award - Enabling eLearning recipient; Eric Greenop, managing director of Asnet Technologies; and Sue Winters  Virtual Learning Network Council chairperson.

The inaugural Virtual Learning Awards, established to acknowledge and further encourage learning variety in the classroom, were presented in Wellington on 15 April 2014. Sponsored by Asnet Technologies Limited, the Awards recognised high performance, a significant and unique contribution to online learning, and excellence in the field of learning through digital technology. There were five main categories:
• Achievement
• Enabling eLearning
• Innovation
• Leadership
• Building Capacity

WestNet eTeacher Madeline Campbell won the 2014 ‘Enabling eLearning’ award: I achieved this award for the work that I've been doing to develop learning with digital technologies and establishing Knowledge Building Communities pedagogy with my video conference/online Level 3 NCEA Art History class, and for the excellent results achieved by students in the class in 2013. I teach this class through the WestNet cluster of the Virtual Learning Network.

Marta Barham
Re: Virtual Learning Awards - Madeline wins!
by Marta Barham - Thursday, 24 April 2014, 2:41 PM
Group WN eTeachers

AWESOME!!!!

Congratulations and I am so happy for Madeline. Well done!!!

Very inspiring!

Marta